Sunday, October 09, 2005

ECP Get-Together-Run

I was at East Coast Park today for the SgRunners get-together-run. I came along with three ex-colleagues, Chee Kong, Chee Keong and Chris Ang. The four of us were supposed to reach the starting point at 7:30 am, but because we arrived slightly late, most of the SgRunners had already set off. However, Eunice, Balasing, Fatty, Fd and Tiwazz were still around.

At 7:50 am, after some simple warming-up, my ex-colleagues, Eunice, Balasing and I started our run, wondering when we would catch up with the other SgRunners who had set off about 15 minutes earlier.

We ran from the 7-11 near the ECP MacDonalds towards Fort Road (and along the way, we said "hi" to about 30 SgRunners who were doing the return leg), did a U-turn at Fort Road and headed back to the 7-11, continued running in the other direction until we reached the opposite end of ECP (meeting Yan Lee along the way), then U-turned back to the 7-11. Chee Keong, Chee Kong and Chris Ang were much faster and had more stamina, so they had pressed on ahead of me.

At around 10:30 am, when I finally returned to the 7-11 (about 21 km), I was informed by the SgRunners there that my three friends had decided to do a repeat of the Fort Road leg (so effectively, a total distance of 30 km for the day). I figured that I needed a rest first, so I joined the SgRunners for photo-taking. (At this point, many thanks to Tiwazz for offering me a much-needed bottle of 100 Plus! *grin*) And gosh, there were so many SgRunners present today...The Lonely Runner, BrokenRunner, Sotong, DreamRunner, Superboy, Skyvers, Meteor, DO, Cheow12, Taz, Alvo and more, including many new faces!

SgRunners outside MacDonalds at ECP
SgRunners after our 7/21 km ECP Get-Together-Run


After that, I hit the roads again, half-limping, half-walking, trying to catch up with Chee Keong, Chee Kong and Chris Ang. I didn't run until Fort Road though. I made a premature U-turn, and came back to the 7-11 after a punishing 25 km in total. But the run had been good and the weather couldn't have been better (breezy and cloudy). Later on, Chee Keong, Chris Ang and I drove to Old Airport Road for lunch. I had a plate of hokkien mee, some char kway teow, one chwee kuay and a bowl of ice kachang. ;)

And the highlight of my run today? I was really pleased to have met Adrian Mok (the 168-km runner) today! I think he was probably doing his recovery run after completing an equivalent of 4 marathons last weekend, but still, he ran faster than I did and overtook me!

My stats for today's run...

Lap 1 (From 7-11 to Fort Road and back ~ 6.91 km)
Time taken: 38 min 02 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 190/177
Average Pace: 5 min 30 sec / km

Lap 2 (From 7-11 to opposite end of ECP ~ 7.14)
Time taken: 41 min 10 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 210/182
Average Pace: 5 min 18 sec / km

Lap 3 (From opposite end of ECP until I had to walk ~ 4.83 km)
Time taken: 29 min 25 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 189/176
Average Pace: 6 min 05 sec / km

Lap 4 (Slow walk-jog phase ~ 1.52 km)
Time taken: 8 min 56 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 183/175
Average Pace: 5 min 52 sec / km

Lap 5 (Back to 7-11 ~ 1.2 km)
Time taken: 8 min 22 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 200/179
Average Pace: 6 min 58 sec / km

Lap 6 (Reduced Fort Road leg ~ 2.67 km)
Time taken: 18 min 10 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 191/170
Average Pace: 6 min 48 sec / km

Total
Time: 2 hr 24 min 05 sec (excluding water breaks)

Time: ~ 2 hr 46 min (including water breaks)
Distance: 24.9 km
Average Heart Rate (bpm): 177
Average Pace: 5 min 46 sec / km
Calories Expended: 1910 kcal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production