Sunday, November 27, 2005

Theory of the Bucket

Today, I got out of bed at 11 am, had breakfast, then went down to Bukit Panjang to collect my Oakleys. Yes, they've arrived at long last :) Then I met Joe Sim for lunch. It was good to catch up with him, but I think I ended up complaining about my working life more than anything else. :p

My Oakleys
My first pair of sporty-blue Oakleys! =)


Recently, I read a book about the Theory of the Bucket. It said that every time we interacted with another person, we either added or took away something from the his/her bucket and our own. Positive interactions filled the buckets. Negative ones drained them. The fuller a person's bucket, the better he or she feels. The book challenged me to engage in more positive interactions (e.g. expressing appreciation and showing recognition of another person's efforts) and reduce negative ones (e.g. picking on faults and ignoring another person's needs), thereby filling my own bucket and the buckets of those around me. It's a tremendously interesting concept, and I am quite keen to try it.

Life will get better. Anyway, Mum's tonic brew seems to be bringing my sore throat under control. The ulcers are still there though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production