Saturday, August 05, 2006

LSD - 20 km

Took a $20 cab ride with Gen down to East Coast Park this morning for a LSD Run with the other SgRunners. The two of us arrived at Carpark B1 at 6 am, only to see cfred84 running past us, already dripping wet with sweat. He was wearing the new SAFRA Running Club vest, which was cool. Although I'm a longer member in the club than he is, I haven't purchased my running vest yet :( *sigh*

Later on, we were joined by SportVenturer, Daisiki, Roentgen, Kickjazz, Nemo, JunieTang, Charmane, Superboy, Shut, Cosmic_Wind, chongwf and AngelicaWonder. When we were all gathered, we started on our 20-km run from Carpark B1 until the Laguna Golf Course and back.

Daisiki, Gen and I ran ahead, keeping to around a 6 min 30 sec/km pace. We reached the turning point in 1 hr 5 min, and was soon joined by chongwf. There, we stopped for a short 5 minute water-break. Then, we headed back toward our original starting point. Gen and I sped up during the return leg, keeping to a 5 min 30 sec/km pace for about 6 km. Then, because I was tired, the pace gradually slowed down until about 7 min/km. We still managed to reach Carpark B1 within 1 hour and that was good :)

After the run
In total, Gen and I took 2 hrs 10 min to complete the entire distance. The rest of the group came in within 2 hrs 30 min. cfred84 and Cosmic_Wind who were speedsters, finished much earlier. On the whole, I think we're all geared up for the forthcoming Army Half Marathon :)

For breakfast, we headed to the Old Airport Road area. As the famous food centre there was undergoing renovation, we ate at the temporary food centre behind the original premises. The $2 lime juice that many of us bought came in ENORMOUS glass mugs, and we were struggling to finish the drinks! ;)

After breakfast, I went with Nemo, Roentgen and Kickjazz to the Suntec City area. Settling down in a cafe with Wifi internet access, Roentgen whipped out his laptop and the three of them began to discuss their plans regarding a charity fund-raising project with the Handicaps Welfare Association (HWA). I sat in and listened as they formulated their ideas on the project. It was a good meeting (",)

Later on, SportVenturer came over to find me at the cafe, and I left with him to go to Marina Square Food Court to meet up with Tiwazz, Balasing and Roonz who had spent their morning with Chyarose at Sentosa, swimming and running. *nice!*

From there, we proceeded to a gelato shop, where some of us bought 95% fat-free dessert, and then went on for more desserts at an eatery which served Hong Kong delicacies. I had a bowl of delicious black sesame paste. *yummy*

But I was really tired by the time I finished the last scoop of my dessert. I had worked until past midnight the previous working day, and I only slept for about four hours before going on my 20-km run earlier in the morning. So I started nodding off at the table. I think the others found it quite amusing that I was falling asleep :)

Anyway, I took the MRT back home, arriving at 5.30 pm. I wanted to hop into bed and catch a quick eye-shut...but then decided to blog first ;)

1 Comments:

At 12:32 pm, Blogger KickJazz said...

Hey hunky Renoh!

Great run yesterday! and thanks for the great company during our HWA discussion! :)
Thanks too for blogging about the HWA blog! *thumbs up*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production