Real Run Results and Bad Running
Results for the New Balance Real Run are out... http://realrun.sg/results.html
Here's how I compare to the top finisher, the legendary Ganesan Elangovan... I am inspired to train harder!
Name CheckPt1_Timing CheckPt2_Timing Net_Timing
Ganesan Elangovan 00:06:54 00:16:29 00:34:40
Renoh 00:13:50 00:28:09 00:56:47
Anyway...was surfing the web for ways to improve my running technique. Came back to the Pose Tech website. Here's an interesting link on "Bad Running - An Analysis", which I thought was pretty useful. Now I need to get someone to videotape me running, so I can judge for myself how to modify my strides and body posture... Click here for the Pose Tech video.
Some mistakes (from the Pose method perspective) which the video identified are:
1. Leading leg lands ahead of the body centre of gravity, with heel strike
2. Push off from lagging leg results in body propelled upwards, rather than forwards
I'm guilty of both! :p
And then I went on to look at this video which discusses Rigid Body Movement While Running (which is not desirable). That describes me again...
How to overcome it?
1. Avoid driving knee forward and a backwards lean
2. Fall at a small angle
3. Don't lift up the driving knee too high
Will try it at the Army Half Marathon...








1 Comments:
...the idea is not to use your quads to lift your knees or move your feet forward but hamstring to lift your ankles vertically and let gravity to drop them under your CG.
The angle at your ankles should be the same throughout your running motion.
just some rubbish to share
Post a Comment
<< Home