Sunday, March 04, 2007

Am I being too impatient for an answer? I really want to recover from my injury as soon as possible, and completely. But it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anytime soon, if at all. For those of my friends who have known me for a longer period of time, they would certainly agree that it was only in the recent past few years that I've decided to devote myself to more health and fitness activities. And I deliberately chose to break away from the mould of the feeble, studious scholar, because I thought it was time to embark on a new phase in my life and become a strong, sporty, outdoor-loving, confident me. I developed a craze for running, I grew to enjoy the warm kiss of sunshine upon my skin, I was pleased with how my efforts at the gym were paying off. I had recently set myself new targets in this direction, and I had hoped to meet them. And then, this.

I have used Schopenhauer's telescope to assess my situation. I want to be seen coming out of this dark period a better and more resilient person. But therein lies the inevitable...the dark period. I haven't found my way out of my moody darkness yet, and I cannot yet accept -- for now, at least -- that I will not be able to do simple things as easily as before, let alone exercise. If I never do recover, then all my efforts in this phase of life would have come to an end. As time goes by, as it inevitably will, dust will settle upon my running shoes, my gym gear, my medals and certificates, and I will have to smother my old ambitions and etch out a new niche for myself, somewhere, somehow.

5 Comments:

At 9:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up bro. God loves you and will give you the BEST

peace
guynxtdoor

 
At 10:05 pm, Blogger Muggs said...

The recovery path is slow but you definitely will.

 
At 11:14 pm, Blogger Tekko said...

Hang in there. If I can come back from my knee's ops and resume running, you can too! It will take time but patience is a virtue and you can do it!

 
At 1:06 am, Blogger Ronnie said...

I'm sure you will recover somehow, just be a bit patient, okie !
Time will tell.

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger carr said...

hey bro!
i'm sure you will come back stronger. don't give up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production