Saturday, February 17, 2007

A skull on flames

Began Book 7, Schopenhauer's Telescope. Nothing quite of the sort that I had ever read before. 60 plus pages down, 240 more to go.

Ghost Rider
I watched "Ghost Rider" with TLR, Fd and Ripley last night but I was not exactly bowled over by the movie, nor by Nicholas Cage's acting. It was rather anticlimatic to see each evil demon being pulverised without putting up so much of a fight. The special effects were also bland on-screen, although I can imagine a much more captivating presentation of the storyline in the comic book version.

On a more philosophical note, I found it rather odd that Johnny Blaze only singled out prisoners and criminals caught red-handed as guilty and wicked, while everyone else was considered innocent. It wouldn't have been so odd if Blaze was merely an arm of the prevailing legal system, but he was an agent of the devil! Therefore I would have presumed that his assessment of true wickedness should not have been based on the legislation of the day but on some higher, timeless scale of morality.

On the whole, I can only say that there are better Marvel character films than this. Rate it a 2/5.

Quite a number of folks are embarking on ninja running training recently. I'm burning with a curious envy. I'm hoping to get back into exercise sometime next week. Been out of action and out of shape too long, it's driving me insane! But my shoulder has not shown as much progress as I would have liked.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production