Sunday, February 11, 2007

Parks

Thanks to the wake-up calls of Sotong and Tiwazz this morning, I managed to get out of bed and prepare myself for a trip down to the old SMU for the February BG Run. Still recovering from my dislocated shoulder, I didn't run but only met up with the gang there as they returned from their 10-km jog.

Sardine Murtabak
I got to know a few more SgRunners there, such as Sebastian, Albert_Toh and Aerosolcan. Brokie and Vincent brought along their famed barley drink, which satisfied the running group greatly :) Sebastian showed us all how to do a proper race-walk. I heard he comes in among the top few for competitive walking...his walking time for 20 km is, I think, an impressive 1 hr 56 min, which is about the same time as it takes for me to run...or even faster! Had a quick brunch with them at the Prata Cafe afterwards. I had a teh halia and a sardine murtabak, which was rather delicious.

In the afternoon, my family celebrated Dad's birthday. Since we were in the festive mood, my brother drove us all to Mt Faber Park and Labrador Park for a quick jalan-jalan - with my arm in sling and armed with my camera! The weather was great, and the pictures of the scenery and of Mum and Dad turned out well. But my right arm/shoulder is rather sore now...I think I over-used the limb trying to get all those photographs!

View from Mt Faber peak View from Mt Faber peak Flowers on Mt Faber
Labrador Park Lamp Post Labrador Park Obelisk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production