Thursday, February 15, 2007

MRI Scan

Went for my MRI scan this morning. Was made to put on green-brown robes before being led into a room where I was briefed about Stage 1 of the procedure. I was to have my shoulder cleaned, and then have my shoulder joint injected first with a local anaesthetic and then with a certain fluid which may cause my shoulder to feel heavy and possibly painful. Obediently, I received both sets of injections. As the fluid went steadily throb-a-throbbing from the tube into my shoulder, various images flashed through my mind, not least of all the fight scene from X-Men 2, where Wolverine plunges a syringe of adamantine into Lady Deathstrike, killing her.

Montage of the Death of Lady Deathstrike


After that was done, I was moved to the imaging room for Stage 2 of the procedure...to be actually scanned. There, I was offered earplugs by the nurses and then helped onto the flatbed. I was advised to lie really still, and keep my eyes shut. And then slowly, the flatbed slid into the hollow of the MRI machine, with me on it, like a space-traveller docking into his pod.

And then the fun began. The noises generated by the machine were peculiar! They sounded like a fantastical but rhythmic orchestra where laser beams, cicadas, sleigh bells and mechanical drills comprised the instruments.

I spent a full forty minutes inside the gently vibrating machine. With my eyes shut, I was enveloped in darkness and surrounded by the odd symphony, and I was intensely aware that I was confined within a very small volume of space. The thought that I could be claustrophobic ran through my mind, but it was a silly thought, however imaginative.

The results of my scan won't be out so soon. Meanwhile, my shoulder is aching from the entire experience.

When I got home from work in the evening, I discovered that my virtual Army Commander country had been wiped out by an enemy alliance, and my virtual Travian village had been ransacked and razed by enemy invaders. Sigh.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:15 am, Blogger Tan BoSe said...

Hey there, you actually open that movie can capture the scenes? Haha..cool! One of my favourite movies. Hope everything will be fine for your MRI scan. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production