To the Library
Had my nerve conduction test conducted yesterday morning. The nurse performing the test told me that one of the three branches of the main nerve leading from my neck to my arm was damaged. As the damage was relatively "upstream", it accouted for most of the muscle weakness and deterioration "downstream" of my neck. She didn't answer me directly when I asked her what were my chances of recovery. However, judging from her approval that I could seek acupuncture and all sorts of other non-Western treatments if they helped, I figured that I must have messed up the nerve real badly. From my experience, usually the hospital staff would staunchly stick by Western medicine and scoff at other forms of alternative treatments. Ah well, at least I was mentally prepared for this. :)
Got home early from work last night for the first time in weeks. Quickly washed my face and hands, and then sat down in front of the couch for a 9 pm TV dinner. I was so tired that I fell asleep as I was eating, only to be awoken by Mum at around 11 pm, asking me if I wanted to take a shower before I went back to dreamland for the night.
Went to Orchard early this morning to see a physiotherapist recommended by Philip. Many thanks to Sotong and Ripley for the wake-up call. I was very worried that I wouldn't wake up in time and would miss my appointment. The physio session was good. Got taught a few new exercises. Was also told encouraging comments that gave me some optimism to look forward to recovery.
And then I met up with Ripley for lunch at the Coffee Club in Takashimaya, where I also bumped into an old varsity friend, Prabin. He's now a banker at Barclays, so I guess he should be reaping in big bucks :) After lunch, Ripley and I headed for the library where I borrowed two new novels and where we attended a special 1.5 hr seminar on Travel Photography. Afterwards, we migrated to Kinokuniya for a short while and then split up on our separate ways home. It was a fruitful afternoon.








2 Comments:
Hey, actually I was at orchard too this afternoon. But I was there watching movie. Hehe.
you are welcome, renoh... : ) at least, now you can work your way back to fitness, knowing what you need to do... dun rush though... perseverence and patience...
Post a Comment
<< Home