Sunday, March 11, 2007

Omaha Beach

Just when I thought my mood couldn't get bluer, it did and so I cancelled all my plans for this afternoon and evening. No more movie, no more dinner appointment. I just wanted to leave the office, get home, lie down, let my mind blank out, hope this is all a bad dream, wake up somewhere else. Where is the victory that I seek? Why is joy buried in the depths, out of my reach? All the sad and mournful tunes in this world have become my song. I feel like a sailor, trapped on a raft, adrift in the vast ocean, no land in sight. Water, water, everywhere, not a drop to drip. Who can I turn to? Hope is fleeting, elusive, haunting. Envy rages, bitterness consumes. Reassurances fail. The week has been draining, nightmarish. Words, some of them spoken and some of them written, some of them careless and some of them deliberately laced with poison, they sink their claws into my already crushed spirit. I may not look like I'm in pain, I may even try to laugh it off, but they do not see me when I am alone. But who am I in their grand scheme of things. To them, perhaps, I'm like a mere foot soldier in the first wave towards Omaha Beach. Their world moves on. My world is falling to pieces.

=====================
Update as of 1900 hrs

But I'll come back stronger. Like a Spartan. Never say die.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 pm, Blogger Muggs said...

That's right!! Never say die! Remember my entry on the one arm Iron man? He is 56 years old

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Run'er said...

"But I'll come back stronger. Like a Spartan. Never say die."

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production