Tears
I spent the last three days at Camp Rainbow 2008 as a befriender to K. There were many happy children at the camp this year, and that is as good a reason as any other to celebrate. But I could not hold back my tears when L sang "If we hold on together" at the grand finale performance. L's courage, confidence and cheerful outlook despite her physical condition has always been very moving for me. There is much that I can learn from her. I sometimes feel that the person living inside L is stronger and more determined to live life to the fullest than the person living inside me. I cried also because at the back of my mind, I knew that T had a seizure a few days ago and was still in hospital and I didn't know how he was doing right now. I cried also because I have not been able to contact J and J for over a year, and I don't know whether the social services have managed to find the brothers a home, and whether their medical conditions have stabilised or deteriorated, and whether their parents have returned to claim them. May the angels of peace, love and health surround these beautiful children and keep them safe forever more.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home