Sunday, June 15, 2008

VGO Mt Faber Run

Caught a ride with Fennel in Ironmandreamer's car this morning to the starting point of the VGO Mt Faber 10-km Race. We had arrived even before registration at 0630 hrs and it was such a slow and sleepy morning. For lack of a comfortable napping location, I simply sat down by the kerb and nuah-ed until a sizeable crowd had gathered and then I went over to find the other SGRunners and chatted with them until the race commenced at 0730 hrs.


VGO Mt Faber Run, 15 Jun 08


The run went off to a good start. It helped that I used to run this area rather regularly when I was working in DSTA and when I joined the Mt Faber SAFRA running training a few years back. I knew where the slopes were, and could adjust my pace accordingly. The route, particularly that part going up Mt Faber, was excruciating but fun. Slope after slope after slope. Shiok! At some points in the race, I wondered whether I should give up running altogether and walk the rest of the way, but I willed against this (except when I stopped to pick up an isotonic drink at the third waterpoint and at one traffic light near Tiong Bahru Road). I'm really very glad that I completed my race in sub-1 hour timing :) And congratulations to Mrs Tekko for coming in 9th! :D

Met some new SGRunners at the event today and also caught up with some old friends :) Stayed on for a rather amusing lucky draw, in which the emcee kept looking at my direction and, reading off my bib number, kept asking whether he could just announce my number and give me a prize! Hehheh...

Brunch was settled at the food centre across the road. I indulged in a cup of iced milo, ice kachang drenched with mango syrup and a bowl of noodles. Yummy! Nothing beats having a good meal at the end of a good run :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice meeting you (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production