Saturday, September 24, 2005

To Sentosa and NUH

After arriving home from the airport, I had a shower, ate some snacks, blogged and checked my emails and SMSes. Then I went out of the house to meet up with the other Habitat volunteers who had gone to Banda Aceh for the reconstruction effort. The venue was Tanjong Beach, Sentosa. It took me an incredible amount of time to get to Tanjong Beach from the HarbourFront bus interchange, not least because of the massive hordes of tourists who were loading up and disembarking from the shuttle buses and trams at all the different bus and tram stops. I finally reached the beach at around 4 pm. However, by that time, most of the invited crowd had already left for home. At least there were still some familiar faces among those who remained. Adele, Wai Yan and Lark were still playing beach volleyball, while HT and his wife were resting in the shade. I chatted with HT for quite a while, and that was good.

By 6 pm, everyone was ready to leave the beach. I caught a lift from HT to go to National University Hospital (NUH) to visit B. (Earlier in the day, I had received an SMS from Paul, saying that B, a child that we both knew from Club Rainbow, had been hospitalised.)

B was in rather high spirits, despite having an intravenous tube inserted into his left forearm earlier in the afternoon. The IV tube was to remain there for around 8 hours. When B's parents and two younger siblings went out of the ward for their dinner, I stayed with B in the Children's Play Room, and watched the Birmingham City-Liverpool English Premier League match with him. B fervently supports Chelsea while I nominally support Arsenal, but since neither teams were represented in this particular game, I cheered for Liverpool and B cheered for Birmingham City. The match ended with a 2-2 draw, inclusive of a Liverpool own goal. :P

Later on, Paul and Angeline also dropped by to visit B, who was obviously quite pleased with the visitor turnout. :) Paul, Angeline and I chatted with B's parents until 10:30 pm, B's bedtime, and we packed up to leave the hospital. If all goes well, B should be discharged by Monday. Hooray!

I hadn't slept much on the flight back from New Delhi, and I was hoping for an early night's rest tonight. But again, life has other plans, and I'm probably going to bed at 1 am tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production