Friday, February 10, 2006

Road Accident Statistic

My run earlier this week was indeed 6 km per round, as verified by GoogleEarth. I did 36 min (including a few minutes of waiting at traffic lights) per lap, so it was a 6 min/km pace. Not bad, given the hilly terrain. The route map for one circuit is below.

I also want to say that during that run on Wednesday, I had gone past a soccer field. There were some folks playing a game there. As I went by, they kicked a ball out of the field and onto the road in my direction. I paused to pick up the ball, threw it back towards them, and without looking out for traffic around me, I turned to continue run. And came THIS close to a van which happened to speed past me. I guess I was too preoccupied at that time with trying to get on with my run to even think too much about it, but after I got home that night, I realised that I was nearly hit by a moving vehicle because I had not been attentive to the road conditions.

It's a sobering thought. Life is quite fragile, and I thank God that I did not become another road accident statistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production