Saturday, February 25, 2006

Shopping does not satisfy

I was at Settlers Cafe just now with some of the SgRunners: TLR, Fd, Balasing, Le_Charlotte, Sportsventurer, Philip and Tiwazz. I had arrived late, and they were already into their second round of "Scotland Yard". Later, we played "Rumis", which was quite enjoyable too.

We then went to Arab Street for teh tarik and nasi bryani. BrokenRunner and Dasher joined us there. The food was good, but I began to feel the fatigue creeping up on me. After dinner, I really felt like having some retail therapy, so I went with some of them to Bugis Junction to shop. But the shopping did little to lift my spirits. There were many things to buy, but nothing which I would want to buy. There were many products on sale, but there was nothing for me. There was nothing I could buy which would make me happy...It's hardly a sudden revelation to me that material goods don't satisfy, but it's still quite dreary to be reminded of it.

Balasing asked me a question: "What's your hobby?" I struggled to think of an answer. What did I like to do? What have I done recently that I liked? Running? Maybe, but it's been putting a huge strain on me physically, especially since my working life is already manic. Reading? I haven't time to read. Music? I used to write songs, and strum my guitar, but I don't feel the motivation now. Working out at the gym? I'm actually quite demoralised that I'm not getting any results there. Surfing the net? But there's nothing really interesting online. What do I like to do? I don't know, I really don't know anymore.

When the rest of them split up for home, I went to Seiyu, and straight to the toys department. I bought 3 toy cars. I think K1 and K2 would like them. I will give the cars to them tomorrow afternoon when I go visiting.

Today is F1's birthday. I sent him an email and an SMS to express my best wishes. It turned out that he received a laptop for his birthday. A extravagant gift, maybe, for a 14-year old boy...but if you were a parent and your child was terminally ill and said to you, "You don't want to buy me a laptop now because you're waiting for me to die so you won't need to buy one for me, right?", what would you do?

When I got home and turned on my PC, the machine started to hum noisily. I think my speakers have decided to go mad. That was the last thing I needed. I feel like my head is on fire inside, and my throat burns. I don't feel very good. The irritating humming sound just makes it worse. I think I'll go and prepare myself a glass of Lemsip.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

renoh buddy...

take care n relax....

rite now.... the easiest way is to
do some light excercise to de-stress..

a little sauna or steam bath helps too..

if u wanna try yoga....
let me know ...i can show u a few posture to relax... :)

 
At 12:12 am, Blogger Muggs said...

take care my friend.

you need to release stress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production