Friday, April 14, 2006

Boi Boi Ger Ger Run

Had a jolly good run today ~ 15 km.

Arrived at MacRitchie Reservoir at 6:45 am. As the time approached 7 am, more and more runners showed up for the inaugural Boi Boi Run and Ger Ger Run. There was a great turnout, probably about 40 of us in total at the holding area next to the carpark. Met a few folks for the first time, including Trackz, Johnny, roentgen, evelynwee, karen, plus many more whose names I did not manage to catch.



At 7:10 am, the ladies, led by RSM Brokie, departed northwards for the trail route, while the guys headed east along the same trail loop, but in the opposite direction. Itching to run, I pulled away from the pack which was led by TLR.

Felt good during the first leg of the run...went past the fitness station, the school cross-country turning point, the golf course, the HSBC Treetop Walk, the Tejulong Tower, and then by the time I reached the Ranger Station, about 40 min into the run, I bumped into the ladies.

I had covered about 7 km, and them 5 km. I chatted with the ladies for a while, took a picture for them, and then the rest of the guys showed up. Then, this was followed by more group pictures. Cokiee, who turned up late (about 7:20 am at the carpark), also made his grand entrance at the Ranger Station.


Boi bois and ger gers at the Ranger Station

Then, the whole group of us, boi bois and ger gers, went back along the remainder of the ladies' route, including taking a short breather at the 6-storey Tejulong Tower. The view from the top was magnificent. Lots of greenery as far as the eye could see. A few other runners came up to join TLR and me up there, and again, we took pictures. But the majority had decided not to pursue a vertical climb today, and so had steadily continued to run on ahead without us.


Looking down from the top of the Jelutong Tower


Sotong exerting his power at the top of the Jelutong Tower


Cheow12, Cosmic_Wind and Cokiee running along the edge of the golf course beside the reservoir

I thought the way back was much more tiring, and my pace had significantly reduced. But I was breathing normally, could still negotiate the upslopes. I guess I will need to work on my willpower.

Back at the carpark, it was time for cooling down, washing up, hydrating and photo-taking. Meteor and I went to get some cold, isotonic drinks from the MR Food Haven. Meteor is now getting quite strong in her running...I guess all her training is paying off, which is good! :)

For today's run, TLR had brought along the SgRunners banner, so we all took pictures with the banner. It has been quite a while since the banner was unfurled, and boy, was I happy to see it! :)


Photo-taking with the banner at the end point!

Later on, we trooped down to Adam Road Food Centre for brunch. I had some fishball noodles, but it could have been better.

This afternoon, Sotong's holding a mini-party of sorts at his place, and everyone was invited. I had to turn his invitation down though...Unfortunately, I needed to be home to clear some work-related emails. :(

Tonight, Chee Kong and gang have arranged for a dinner at Bugis. I will be joining them for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production