Sunday, April 16, 2006

SAFRA Run - 23 km

Went for a run with the Mt Faber SAFRA Running Club. Before we set off, Trainer Ong briefed us on the route, which included 2 optional 2-km loops at the top of Mt Faber towards the end of the run. The max possible distance was thus 27 km.

We started the run at 7:30 am from the Mt Faber SAFRA Clubhouse. Kumaran was in the lead. I kept close to DO for the initial part along Depot Rd, and we chatted for a while about SgRunners matters. But DO was a much stronger and faster runner than I was, so he pulled ahead once we reached Alexandra Rd and began to pace Freddy. Dreamrunner also whizzed me by.

I tried hard to chase them along Portsdown Avenue, Dover Rd and Clementi Rd, but lost sight of them eventually. I ran along Ulu Pandan Canal to Bouna Vista MRT station on my own. At Bouna Vista MRT station, the distance that I had covered was about 11.7 km, and I had taken 1 hr 10 mins. There, I bought a bottle of 100-Plus from the vending machine, and then continued on my lonely journey along Commonwealth Rd and Queensway.

Turning into Alexandra Rd, I spotted some runners ahead. I think they stopped at Alexandra Village for a toilet break or for some drinks. Good, now I can try to catch up again. So I plodded on, trying to keep them in sight. Then Freddy overtook me from behind as I approached the PSA Building. (I had thought that he was ahead of me...probably he stopped at Alexandra Village for quite a long while.)

But somewhere along Telok Blangah Rd, I lost sight of all the runners again. I didn't realise that the planned route was for us to ascend Mt Faber along Morse Rd, so I went up by the Kg Bahru entry point instead. And when I reached the top, I didn't see any familiar faces, and I didn't know how to get down the hill otherwise, so I decided to forsake the two loops and backtrack my way back down to Kg Bahru Rd.

Then, it was back to the Clubhouse, where some of the runners had already gathered, having completed their 1 or 2 loops on top of Mt Faber. We drank some 100-Plus, showered, then went to the Telok Blangah Hawker Centre for brunch. I ordered some yong toufu and a cup of chin-chow soya-bean milk.


Route Map

Total distance: 23 km
Total time taken: 2 hr 30 min


Slow, but hey, it's not bad, considering that I did 15 km just two days ago at MacRitchie Reservoir and that my feet were still aching from the could-have-been-sprains along the trail that morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production