Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tiring but enjoyable weekend

Got up at 6:15 am this morning to go to Queenway Shopping Centre to join the SgRunners for the Laksa Run at 7 am. I was still feeling rather tired from my China visit, but I was in good spirits, this being my first run in a long, long time.

Ronnie was the coordinator for today's run. Roetgen, Bee and Tiwazz were also there. We started at 7.15 am, and went on a very leisurely pace down Queensway, and cutting across the grass patch, over the railway track until we emerged at the Portsdown junction. From there, we continued down to Sci Park and then Kent Ridge Park, where Ronnie and I did two loops arond the park. That was great!

But after that, I felt very tired, and my left calf was starting to cramp up. It didn't help that I felt extremely dehydrated. There weren't any vending machines in Sci Park which had drinks in them, which was terrible. In the end, I managed to buy myself a can of 100 Plus from a vending machine in a construction site near NUH. Thanks Tiwazz, for loaning me the coins!

After the drink, I felt really recharged, and ran strongly through the NUS route, where there were some enjoyable slopes. After that, when we had completed the NUS route, we backtracked our way back to Queensway - and bought myself another canned drink - and then headed to Alexandra Village for brunch at almost 10 am.

We really took our time for the run. 12 km in a shocking 2 hours! But I'm not complaining. :) We did walk for quite a bit, especially during the part that I felt really thirsty and tired.

I had hoped for some ice kachang at AV, but the shop uncle said he wouldn't be able to sell any until 11.30 am. So there :P Anyway, I ordered a huge mug of lemon juice and another glass of iced milo, and had a bowl of porridge and two strips of chee-cheong-fan. :)

Chatted with Bee, Tiwazz, Ronnie and Roetgen some more for a while, then went home, showered and called a cab to go and pick up my kid from Club Rainbow for the Camp Sunshine Introduction Tea.

Intro Tea was fun, we did lots of coloring, and even built a plane. Gurmit Singh was the guest-host, and he really made everyone laugh :) Finished the tea at 5.30 pm, and by the time I sent my kid home, it was 6.15 pm. I was feeling really drained after yesterday's exertions at the pool and gym, and for the run and intro tea today. I almost fell asleep on the bus back home just now :P

Tiring weekend, but I really enjoyed every moment of it. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production