SAFRA Run - 18.5 km

Joined MF SAFRA Running Club for their run today. The distance was supposed to be 28 km, but I skipped the Marina section, and only did half a loop at the top of Mt Faber (the plan was two rounds). It took me 2 hr 20 min to complete 18.5 km. A terrible timing, but I'm still ok with it, since it's my first run in a long while and it's the first time I am running in my pair of Ascis Gel Kayano XII. I didn't want to push myself too hard and run too far.
For today's run, I was joined by Colleen, Kumaran, Chin, Adam, Chua, Ong, CheeryRunner, Tekko, Jimmy, Derrick, Wong, and more. (I also bumped into DiverRunner at Clifford Pier. She was there to support some of the participants in the NTUC Dualthlon.) Some of the MF SAFRA Running Club members ran 33 km in the end! As the weather was extremely hot today, we helped ourselves to the 100-Plus provided generously by the club.
Chairman joined us for lunch at the nearby market. I'm getting to know these running club members better, so it's great! I ate a roti prata with egg and a plate of char-siew wanton noodles and drank a refreshing cup of grass jelly.
After lunch, I met up with Isabel and Andrew to go for a Club Rainbow house visit. Mingfa, Victor and Amelia were there as well. We stayed for about 1.5 hrs for the visit, after which I joined Isabel and Andrew for a meal at a nearby food court. I had chai-tow-kuay, and while it was't very delicious, it managed to make me feel bloated and sleepy during my MRT ride back home. ;)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home