Friends and Fat
Caught a ride from Sotong (together with Cokiee) to go to Carpark F2 at East Coast Park this morning for the Pre-SCSM 06 International Friendship Run. The run was to welcome the international runners who were in town for the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (SCSM) 2006, and to help them acclimatise to our hot and humid environment.
But I was feeling very tired and thirsty, and fell asleep in Sotong's car even as he was parking. :P
Anyway, we were among the last to arrive at F2, so it didn't take too long after a quick introductory photograph, that the whole group of us set off for our run. I don't recall that I did any stretching at all, lol ;D
The first ~7 km to the golf course and back to F2 was good. I managed to keep a steady and strong pace. George ran brilliantly, and pulled far ahead. Doraemon_red was also doing very well in her run. I also bumped into an old friend, Lay Keng, during the run. The next ~7 km to the end of Fort Road was still okay for me, but I could feel the fatigue setting in, and the heat was beginning to get to me. But the last ~7 km stretch from Fort Road back to F2 was simply too exhausting for me. Without my fuelbelt and without money on me to buy isotonic drinks along the way, I just felt myself drying up with each step of the way. In the end, I completed the ~21 km route in 2 hr 25 min.
It was a pity that I was so tired... I couldn't even muster the strength to chat with our dear overseas friends. :( But I did get to know kayano and orgpelarian a little better.
After washing up, I caught a ride in RealRunner's car (and falling asleep inside too) to Marina Square for lunch. I ordered almond jelly with longan for starters, and then topped it off with Qiu Lian Ban Mian. But I didn't finish all the noodles. When lunch as over, we went over to the Race Expo at Suntec City to collect my race pack for the SCSM.
But I didn't hang around to shop at the Race Expo as I was due to meet Philip at the National Stadium at 1.30 pm for a fat test. Tiwazz was also there. The three of us underwent a series of markings, measurements and pinches, and we had quite interesting results. The result of my sum-of-seven skinfold test was 39.3. Philip said it was very good, and my fats were rather well-distributed. But it also seemed as though my glycogen tank was always near empty. I wasn't having a sufficient caloric intake, and that meant that I suffered from muscle protein breakdown when I exercised hard. *sigh* That was most likely why I am getting out of shape, and why my sweat stinks in particular. I will have to eat more, ironically.
Before heading home, I had a quick makan with Tiwazz and Philip at a kopi-tiam in Kallang. Struggled to keep awake during the journey on the MRT...
I will succumb to sleep very soon. It's a shame I still have to work tomorrow afternoon...on a Sunday. :p











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home