Saturday, March 31, 2007

Smile

It has been another very exhausting week. The sort where I get home in time for past-midnight TV shows but I am too fatigued to follow the plot and my eyesight is ridiculously blurred. I slouch into the sofa, yawn, and feel that life is being sucked out of me, to the final breath. I have little appetite to finish up the dinner laid before me. Has all my slavish slogging been worth it? Does anyone care? I don't know. Just the other day, someone pulled me aside along the corridor and told me that I just wasn't working hard enough. That was a crushing statement.

I'm seeing the doctor this coming Monday to review the results of my nerve test. I doubt there will be good news, and that's judging from experience. Probably I'll be hooked up on a long-term rehab programme with no indication of when I can expect to complete it. Or maybe I'll just be sent for another medical test once again, and have to wait one more month before I receive the results. But in spite of all my cynicism, the hope burns within me that maybe the doctor will tell me it's a miracle and I have been healed.

I need a vacation. A good and long and restful vacation, a vacation where I can find time for myself and find myself. But that will not be possible.

Right now, I just wish I can smile a genuinely happy smile. I wish so hard. I try to smile, and it comes out plastic.

5 Comments:

At 12:39 pm, Blogger Muggs said...

We're all right behind you! Meanwhile, don't think too much. Just wait for doc's review. Work will always be work. Just do what you can.

 
At 12:06 am, Blogger Run'er said...

"Has all my slavish slogging been worth it?"

just do ur best & God will be happy. if it's still not good enough by man's standards, too bad for them! more impt to take gd care of urself..

heheh, i admit, i'm a slacker..

seeya around soon!

 
At 11:39 am, Blogger Ronnie said...

seemed like you getting burn-out again. Maybe a short vacation to recharge the battery will help u, go for it !

We will be behind u all the way !

 
At 12:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

reno....

take care hor...
ur frens will all be here for u ...:)

jio us for kopi anytime to slack...
juz give us a buzz ...

 
At 4:19 am, Blogger roentgen said...

Seriously, when is your next vacation? All of us need regular breaks, to rejuvenate the soul, body and mind :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production