Friday, April 06, 2007

Meet the Robinsons

After a hectic work week, I went to watch "Meet the Robinsons" with Roentgen, Teelee, SassyRunner, Angelica_Wonders and Kickjazz at VivoCity this afternoon, then had dinner with them, cfred, Junie and Charlotte at a small eatery called Hooked on Heads in the Sin Ming area. As time passed, I realised that I had nothing much to contribute to the chit-chat besides my work and my injury, but these were hardly delightful subjects for conversation, so I elected to stay silent most of the evening.

The movie wasn't exactly bowl-you-over spectacular, but I found myself getting drawn into the story and empathising with the young inventor Louis. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about him that I identify with. I don't know what though. I wonder what the future holds for me. In the meantime, I guess I just have to keep moving forward.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 am, Blogger roentgen said...

Agree that the character Louis is very engaging. For me, the nice thing about such movies is that their themes are so universal, and a much needed balm and escape in the otherwise hectic lives that most of us live.

Hope you manage to stay relatively work-free for the rest of the long weekend :)

 
At 11:38 am, Blogger KickJazz said...

Glad u managed to extract urself from work to join us!

Next time we shall eat cheng tng, and not ice cream :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production