重出江湖
Today, I decided that it was time for my re-entry into the glue (重出江湖). Even though my arm still hurts when I raise it too high. Even though I look unsymmetrical because one shoulder is flatter than another. Even though I don't foresee my workload getting any less or my creature-comforts increasing at any rate. But I'm a Spartan, and Spartans never give up fighting.
This morning, the rest of the gang went for either the Eastside Run at Bedok or the Penang Bridge International Run. I woke up too late to join the former, and didn't register for the latter. But this will change. It must. I need to take charge of my life again. Be the man at the helm. Be my own Commanding Officer. And at the same time, somehow, submit that life to God. And not let my career suck the lifeforce out of me. I want to do things that are pleasant and uplifting, that make sense and make my days on earth worth living, and maybe the occasional silly but fun thing, like participating in the Straits Times Ghost-story writing competition. :D
And by the way, here's my heartiest congratulations to Wei Hsiung and Bee Him on the birth of their lovely daughter!








1 Comments:
Spartans never give up! Yeah! 加油!
Post a Comment
<< Home