Sunday, June 03, 2007

World Harmony Run and Camp Sunshine

Today was the World Harmony Run. Since the route would bring the runners close to my place, I decided to head over to Sri Muneeswaran Temple (the run's fourth pit stop) and wait for their arrival. It was good to see the runners come triumphantly along Tanglin Halt Road, torch and flag in hand. :) I had the chance to catch up briefly with some of my running kakis before they set off down Queensway for the remaining half of their journey.

Blessed Sacrament Church World Harmony Run Coach outside Sri Muneeswaran Temple Runners' Shoes outside Sri Muneeswaran Temple World Harmony Run - Group Photo Sri Muneeswaran Temple

==================
Update as of 2345 hrs

Went down to the Singapore Sports School for the closing ceremony of Camp Sunshine. Met up with the Fire Red Beatles group at the auditorium. They were a jovial bunch, all excited for their performance later on, with animal masks and all. I could see that the befrienders and kids have bonded well, which was great! :) The performance by all the groups at camp was highly entertaining and touching, especially when I see how some of the kids that I've known have grown up over the past couple of years. Great job Weite, Isabel, Ryan, Saiful, Lorraine, Sally, Sharon, Boon Fei, Elisa and Zhihan, and also our doctor and our nurse, Enrica and Sandra, for managing and looking after the kids so well and teaching them how to dance the chicken dance! :)

Yet, I also felt a tinge of sadness. If I'm posted overseas next year, then this would be my last Camp Sunshine for some time to come. And this year, my child was in hospital and unable to join in the rest of the team for fun and games. And my children for the past two camps were unable to attend this year for some distressing reasons which were beyond my control. And so, I couldn't help but feel somewhat like a fish out of water all night tonight. I felt like a parent whose child had been taken away. But at the same time, I could not appear upset because it would have been entirely inappropriate to do so when everyone else was having a jolly time.

But the kids who were there had fun. And that's all that really matters. :)

Animal Masks Children at Camp Sunshine Closing Ceremony Dragon at Camp Sunshine Closing Ceremony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production