Back to Asics and Alonso wins!
I went for a Saturday morning run with cfred84, ripley and laserrunner at MacRitchie Reservoir yesterday morning. We set off from the carpark at 0730 hrs, heading in an anticlockwise direction, cutting through the trail and across the Island Golf Course until we reached the carpark of Upper Pierce Reservoir. There, we met tigger and yankee on the return leg of their 20-km run. After a brief water break, we proceeded northwards and touched the gate of the pumping station and then the gate which led to Old Upper Thomson Road and double-backed to MacRitchie Reservoir. The whole journey, which we reckoned was about 18 km, took us a good 2 hours 15 min to complete, inclusive of all the water and rest breaks.
But sadly, it was also on this run that my Adidas Supernova CTL 9 decided to submit its "resignation letter". With part of the sole peeling off the right shoe, I knew it was time to give this pair of well-worn footgear its deserving retirement.
And so, on Sunday, I popped over to Running Labs to purchase its successor, a pair stunning silver/golden-coloured Asics GEL Kayano 14! :) [See image below] It's an incredible purchase, and is the grandson to my first pair of pair of Asics GEL Kayano 12, which faithfully joined me on my runs from April to December 2006, clocking up a mileage of about 565.5 km. I can't wait to put the new Generation 14 shoes on for a run.
Ealier on Sunday morning, I also had the immense pleasure and privilege of swinging by (together with ripley and fennel) to tktan and doraemon_red's house for a relaxing swim and a sumptious Japanese lunch :) Thanks, tktan and doraemon_red for the hospitality! I can't wait for the tan to develop ;)
And CONGRATS to FERNANDO ALONSO for winning the inaugural Formula 1 Grand Prix Night Race in Singapore! What a race! Incredible!
Labels: Running









3 Comments:
friend, your shoes didn't submit resignation letter... your shoes quit without your approval... :p
were you there at the grand prix?
Renoh,
Don't think I will do it, but is the Ing Taipei HM course flat or hilly?
cheers
Sling Runner
Post a Comment
<< Home