Sunday, October 15, 2006

Unable to pay my sleep debt

The PSI began with a benign level of 60+ in the morning, so I decided to go for a run around the Botanic Garden area on my own. No point asking any others to join me. Those who had ran in the 12-hour overnight NIE Directors Relay Race would be too tired to run today, and Chris Ang and gang were going to do their marathon training at East Coast Park, which was too far for me.

So at around 8.15 am, I began my solo ninja run. Found myself getting very breathless for the first 4-5 km. Maybe it was because I didn't allow myself to warm up into the run and recklessly kept to a 4.45-5.15 min/km pace right at the start, or maybe it was because the haze condition had deteriorated as the day progressed. Finished my first 10 km in 1 hour flat, and then went on around the Tanglin-Orchard area some more, including Claymore Avenue, Nassim Road, Minden Road and Loewen Road. But my pace slipped to a slow 6.30-7.30 min/km pace towards the end of my run. Slow, but I was breathing fine. :)

In total, I covered 16.8 km in 1 hr 49 min, and the PSI level was approaching the high 80s by the time I finished. I know today's timing was terrible, but there's still time to buck up. In any case, I had run further and took less time than last week's BG Run. So there's some improvement, I guess :)

It's been such a busy weekend...with a wedding dinner yesterday, and my uncle's birthday dinner this evening. Won't be able to pay my sleep debt much. I can see the interest accumulating when I look at myself in the mirror.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 am, Blogger roentgen said...

Hey Renoh, do take care during this hazy season. It takes a bigger toll on us than we realise :) Sounds like a good run.

Hope that you can repay your sleep debt asap! :P

 
At 11:02 pm, Blogger Renohtaram said...

thanks roentgen :) enjoy Los Angeles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production