Night out in Geylang
Had my afternoon nap, but woke up with a terrible headache and a really bad throat. Must be the haze, or maybe something worse. But oh well, I had made arrangements for dinner at Geylang with some buddies, so I went out of the house anyway.
It was a good decision. By the time I arrived at Aljunied MRT station, I was feeling much better. Met up with Superboy, Balasing and Ripley at the MRT station control before heading down Geylang Lorong 19 for some dim-sum at a place called "Chway Hoa Chia" (找好吃). Superboy said the place was famous for its porridge, so all of us ordered a bowl each. I had the 生鱼片粥...it was good! :)
We ordered a lot of other dishes, and later, when Tiwazz and Flip joined us, we ordered some more.


Initially, Balasing was sharing with us his experiences in Shanghai, but as we chatted, the conversation quite expectedly drifted to Balasing & Superboy's morning run at MacRitchie Reservoir, the NIE Director's Relay Race, the AXN Challenge, the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and other leisure and competitive events. I guess runners just can't stop talking about running. ;D
Pity that when I got home, my throat started to act up again, as if someone had stuck a layer of sandpaper inside. Think I'll go sleep soon and maybe it'll go away tomorrow morning. It must be the haze.









4 Comments:
take care renoh!
and the food looks reallll yumz yumz! *drooling*
:p
are you sure you swallowed a siew mai or was it a piece of sand paper?
wow, me hungry now .....
now... I can start collecting royalties.
Post a Comment
<< Home