Blue Ribbon S8 Ice Kachang with Peanut
Caught a ride in Vincent's and Brokie's car together with Ripley and Cokiee to go to Sentosa this morning for our 7 am ninja training. The skies were already darkening, with heavy clouds looming overhead. So much for last night's weather forecast which only said that there would be showers in the afternoon.
We parked the vehicle at a small carpark along Tanjung Beach, readied ourselves, and then went off for a brisk jog-run. I tried the Pose method of withdrawing my lagging leg quickly towards my hip, and boy, was I moving fast! :) And it required less energy to perform than I had expected.
We ran from Tanjung Beach to Siloso Beach, then onto Dragon Trail. But along this point, Brokie, Vincent and Cokiee had pulled ahead and got separated from Ripley and me. So Ripley and I emerged from Dragon Trail, turned left towards the Merlion, ran past it and reached the multi-storey carpark. By this time, the heavens had already begun to release its showers of blessings. *pitter patter*
From the multistorey carpark, Ripley and I went relaxed-pace all the way back to Siloso Beach, u-turned and returned to the multi-storey carpark, bumping into Mythos and Jennifery along the way. *pitter patter* We group of four then steadily proceeded towards Tanjung Beach, meeting Kickjazz, Roentgen, AngelicaWonders and some other SgRunners who were running in the opposite direction. *pitter patter* (Turned out that they had begun their run from Sentosa at 6 am, and did 12 km - including going to Labrador Park - before starting on the Terry Fox Run route proper.)
When Ripley and I reached the Start Point of the Terry Fox Run *pitter patter*, we realised that the organisers had not yet started the race, and participants were still slowly streaming in. *pitter patter* So Ripley and I decided to go run some more on our own, and we ran all the way back (again) to the multistorey carpark, and u-turned. *pitter patter*
This time, when we reached the Dolphin Lagoon, the run had already started, and a dense crowd of people were already on the move, pouring out of Tanjung Beach. By this time, Ripley and I had already covered nearly 10.5 km. And the rain had more or less subsided.
So we joined in the race from the Dolphin Lagoon. I managed to keep to a good 5:15-5:30 min/km pace for the next 5 km, then slowed down to a 5:30-5:45 min/km pace for the remaining distance. Saw Ultra, Kumaran, Tiwazz, Bee, Mrs Sotong, Eunice, Cokiee, Alecchua, Shaunzer, ActiveLifestyleDude and more SgRunners along the way.
Crossed the finishing line with a total timing of 1 hr 53 min, having covered 17.9 km in total. Somehow, I felt that the route for today's Run for Hope was less than 9 km... *hmm...*
Anyway, caught up with Rogerhub, Andy and the rest of the group at the endpoint, and feasted on the apples, bananas and fruit juices :) Also saw Edhorizon with his group of buddies.
For lunch, we headed for Seah Im Food Centre, where I ordered Ban Mian and a cup of watermelon juice. Andy was very generous, treating all of us to Seah Im's famous char kuay teow. =D We ate, and chatted about the forthcoming Swissotel Vertical Marathon (which I have not decided whether to register) and the 30-km Demoralising Run next Sunday. But I won't be able to go for the Demoralising Run, since I would be busy all of next Saturday with Operation Homeworks in the morning and afternoon and the NUS Cyclohunt at night, and would be too tired to run 30-km the next day.
Later on, Roentgen drove Kickjazz and me to Alexandra Village to visit the famous Blue Ribbon S8 dessert stall. I ordered the $1.60 ice kachang with peanut, and it was fabulous. The ice is crushed just about right, and melts just the right way when eaten. Yummy! :)









4 Comments:
Wow Renoh! The ice kachang looks just as good as it tasted :P Must go back to the Blue Ribbon stall more often.... yummy :)
Hey Hunky! U got to work less and eat at S8 more often :P
Tks for recommending Blue Ribbon to me! I enjoyed my dessert tremendously! yum yum!:)
What an ice-kachang! Is it better than the peanut ice-kachang from Tanjong Pagar?
i will have to try the TP Ice Kachang to find out :) but right now, AV's Blue Ribbon Ice Kachang is the best on my list :)
Post a Comment
<< Home