Ice-cream Run
Woke up, felt that the flu bug had departed over the night, so put on my running gear, and headed for the old SMU for the BG Run. Great turnout today, including new faces like Stazla, Compass, Rim, Jin and Jiao_li. Also very honoured to have TLR join the run today ;D
Started promptly at 7:15 am, chugging along Bukit Timah Road. Great weather, still nice and cool. Did a bit of upslope training at 3rd Ave, and then went along 6th Ave until we hit Holland Road. Then went along Holland Road, until Orchard Road, until just before we got to the Istana. Then cut across Buyong Road, and went northwards along Cavenagh Road and Clemenceau Ave. Crossed the overhead bridge, then went underground through Newton MRT Station. Then it was the final stretch of Bukit Timah until we got back to the old SMU. Total distance for Caramel Route was 17.5 km, time taken (for me): 1 hr 58 min. Well done to folks like Bikerchic, who performed very well today :)
Then Stazla, Alvo, Babumouse and I (and later on Balasing too) went for the additional 4 km of the Dark Chocolate Route. :) But actually, while the other three ran up the great slopes of Nassim Road, I elected to walk up instead. I told myself I was cooling down, but I think, really, I was just being lazy. :P Need to rediscover my inspiration! So for me, total distance run: 21.5 km, total time: 2 hr 36 min.
Run3 had brought along some barley, so all of us feasted on it at the end-point. Muchas gracias por los bebidos! :D
Washed up at the old SMU, went over to Food Haven for drinks. Was supposed to join Babumouse for a swim too, but I backed out at the last minute because I was feeling tired. Followed Roonz, Philip, Tiwazz, Balasing, Charlotte and Cosmic to Serene Centre for ice-cream -- I was so zonked, succumbed to a double scoop...*sigh* (and I think I also fell asleep there too...) Who can guess the flavours that I ordered?
And yes, the Field Report and photos from yesterday's visit to HWA is out...check it out HERE! :)











3 Comments:
Thank you so much for organising this very elaborately planned run, Renoh!
The various distances allow runners with different appetite for distances join in this group run.
Well done and thank you for making sure everyone is fine throughout the run. Slowing down to check on the slow runners like myself and then charging ahead at turbo mode again to make sure the front pack knows where they are going. Good work, renoh!
Have a great week ahead! :)
Hey KJ, just popped by. Wow... what a lot of details abt your runs! You're getting my husband quite interested! - bhim.
now.. that's a weird picture!? Slow sign for babumouse? Probably telling him to slow down. ;p
Post a Comment
<< Home