A Moose's Head
Had a miserable week with lots of sniffing and coughing, thanks to the haze - choking smoke and fine particulate matter that has been blown over from the fires in Indonesia. Can't imagine how much worse it must be for the people who actually live near those fiery hotspots.
The Pollutants Standards Index (PSI) hit 150 this evening at 9 pm, and I suppose it'll only climb upwards. When it goes above 100, it's considered unhealthy. Above 200, very unhealthy. Above 300, hazardous. Hope the PSI goes down below 50 by tomorrow morning in time for the Lord of the Rings Run...
Lunched at Dan Ryans with some colleagues on Wednesday. Couldn't resist a picture of the moose's head. I thought it reminded me of someone. *grin*
On Friday after work, went out to Hardrock Cafe to celebrate Estar's birthday. Made the silly mistake of deciding to walk there from office. The haze was suffocating, with that horrid burning smell lingered in the stale, warm, night air. Caught up with Estar, Qianhao, Chze Keong and Sally there. Everyone seems to be losing weight, except me. ;) And everyone seems caught up with one form of community work or another, which is encouraging. But I thought the music was too loud for folks to make decent conversation, and the live guitarist didn't play Classical Gas the way I liked it.












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home