Sunday, October 08, 2006

My first ride in the TLV

Praise the Lord for an excellent morning with PSI readings of sub-50 during the BG Run :)

But at the start of the run, concerned that the weather condition might deteriorate suddenly, I decided to change the route for today's BG Run to just Frodo Ring, minus the Fourth Avenue stretch. In total, including waiting time, we took 2 hours to complete the 15 km route (with Roentgen, Kickjazz and Junie going on to run an additional 12 km after that). Since quite a number of folks had run to the old SMU from their homes in the first place, they had probably clocked enough mileage for the day, so reducing the route to 15 km was not much of an issue for them. And as for lazy me, I was content with just 15 km. *heh heh*

After our run, Jo from the Osteopathic Pain Relief Centre (OPRC) and his sifu, William, conducted personalised running gait analyses on us runners. I thought it was quite a useful session. After making me walk, jog and run, Jo pointed out that the uneven length of my legs was affecting my heel strikes, and that it was a contributing factor to possible leg injuries in my right leg. He also gave me some advice on how to gradually correct this. :)

Ripley taking a picture of me in the TLV
When the OPRC talk was over, the whole lot of us went to shower and then hopped into the Roentgen Car and the Tee Lee Van and headed for Adam Road Food Centre for lunch. =) I had the nasi lemak, but found that it wasn't as great as I had expected. Besides the rice, there was just two slices of cucumber, a sprinkling of ikan bilis...but the otah, at least, was satisfactory.

View from the back of the TLV
After lunch, Teelee kindly ferried me over to Hougang where I found a comfortable, breezy void deck and caught a quick nap. Was awoken by Mingfa's SMS that he had arrived at Hougang too. The two of us then met up with Angeline (thanks for buying the cake) and Poh Lin (thanks for buying the presents) before proceeding to K1's house to celebrate his birthday.

It was great to see K1 and K2 again. It had been a while since I last visited the two brothers. I think K2 gained a little weight. On the whole, both boys were comfortable with our presence - even though they could not remember our names :P - and very pleased with the chocolate cake and gifts. =D

We found out that their dad had only just embarked on a month-long overseas trip. I can hardly imagine how their mother alone could cope with looking after both boys. It was distressing to hear about how K1 had fallen down at home earlier that day and how his mother had great difficulty single-handedly trying to lift the boy off the ground and seat him somewhere. During our house call, K2 also insisted on trying to walk. His mum took out an old walking aid which K2 had used in the past, but sadly, K2 had no strength in his arms or legs to support his own weight anymore, even with the aid. :(

We stayed to chat with the boys and their mother for about 2.5 hours, before taking our leave. As I was nodding off, Angeline kindly offered to drive me home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production