Thai Chendol on Christmas
Many thanks to Philip for inviting me over to church this morning. It was a good Christmas service, complete with a very interesting drama production of the Nativity, contemporary-style. It managed to effectively draw out some of the social themes associated with the birth of the baby Jesus, such as the scandal and stigma faced by Mary and Joseph over the virgin birth.
I met up with Hosea over lunch at Lerk Thai @ Paris Ris. Habitat for Humanity Singapore has a few interesting events lined up in 2007, and I'm looking forward to joining them. I also explored with Hosea the possibility of us both going to Cambodia some time in March/April 2007. He said he may be able to make arrangements for us to lodge at an orphanage where we could help out the local staff with looking after the children. That sounds good. Balasing and Tiwazz had earlier also indicated interest in going to Indochina. Perhaps I can link everyone up into a single group. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the visit though -- not sure if I can get my leave from work approved.
After meeting Hosea, I went over to Funan Centre to help a colleague purchase some software, only to find that it's not available in retail stores but rather only available through online purchases. How strange.
Anyway, Happy Christmas to everyone. May the love, joy and peace that Christ brings fill every household in the world, including yours and mine.









1 Comments:
Time to pack our bags!
Post a Comment
<< Home