Tuesday, January 23, 2007

三只小猪

Today is the 1st anniversary of the CBD Run. Being not very "三只小猪" (a phrase literally meaning "three little pigs", but reportedly designated by the Taiwanese Ministry of Education recently as a proper idiom, whose meaning I think is 'don't be as lazy as Pig #1 or as stupid as Pig #2, but be as hardworking as Pig #3'...lol), I opted out of this evening's 6-km commemorative run and only joined in the post-run feasting and celebrations. We had isotonic drinks, fruits, jelly, pastries and cakes of all sorts. It was good to catch up with some of the other SgRunners whom I had not met in a long while, such as Angelica_Wonders, Evelyn and Kay. :)

Also learnt from my conversation with SassyRunner that people actually sweat when they swim. This should have been quite obvious since swimming is a form of exercise, but for some reason, it had never occurred to me that this could be a reason for my feeling of dehydration and headaches after my every session at the pool.

Took the MRT back and fell into a contemplative mood again. The lyrics of one of Steven Curtis Chapman's songs came to my head, and they were comforting.

"I can see the tears filling your eyes and I know where they're coming from.
They're coming from a heart that's broken in two by what you don't see.
The person in the mirror doesn't look like the magazine,
Oh, but when I look at you, it's clear to me that...

I can see the fingerprints of God when I look at you.
I can see the fingerprints of God and I know it's true...
You're a masterpiece that all creation quietly applauds,
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God..."

1 Comments:

At 12:51 am, Blogger mis_nomer said...

I think I'll rather be the big bad wolf. :) Imagine swimming in everyone's sweat!

The lyrics are sweet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production