¡Agua para la mujer de Capitan!
Went for the BG Run earlier this morning. Tiwazz, Astrogirl and Petia did some training of their own in the Botanic Garden, while Asturias, Eugene_Ng8, Yakman, Dasher, Run3, Charlotte and I did the Frodo Loop, essentially an approximately 15.5-km route from old SMU - Bukit Timah Road - Ngee Ann Poly - Clementi Road - Ulu Pandan Canal - Buona Vista MRT Station - Holland Village - Holland Road - Botanic Gardens Minden Gate - Cluny Road - old SMU.
The weather was great throughout -- it was overcast and cool all the way, and didn't start to drizzle until we had finised our 1 hr 45 min run.
Ripley, Alec_chua and Roonz joined us all for breakfast at Mr Prata. I ordered the Blueberry Prata which was not only sweet and purple, and, as I eventually found out, didn't really go well with curry. :P
After we had eaten, Ripley, Asturias, Roonz, Petia and I took a bus and headed to Novena Velocity, where we did some shopping at Running Lab. Later, at around 11.30 am, Ripley and I met up with Bose at the California Fitness gym upstairs.
After our workout, the three of us went over to The Cathay to watch the Spanish production "Pan's Labyrinth" (El Laberino del Fauno) (with English subtitles). It's QUITE a film, violently and bloodily graphic, mysterious and intense, imaginative and thought-provoking, set against the backdrop of the Spanish Civil War where the heat of battle between an iron-fisted military and stubbornly resistant guerilla forces interplays with the ephemeral quality of a fantastical realm dominated by legendary and bizarre beings. The beautiful little girl, Ivano Baquero, who plays the character of Ofelia is splendid in her performance, although I am still baffled by her lack of fear of all things creepy-crawly and slimy. I rate this film 4/5. :D
Labels: Movie








3 Comments:
Hey friend, thanks for the movie treat. Kinda enjoy the outing yesterday. See you in KL this weekend..if possible
No problem, the pleasure is mine. It's such a good movie, no wonder it bagged so many awards!
yeah...it was indeed a very well done movie..although I'm still guessing whether there's a twist in the movie. Haha.. Anyway, I've given green light to go back this weekend. So see you guys in KL thenn.
Post a Comment
<< Home