Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolutions for 2007

This new year brings forth a fresh opportunity for me to charter my course for the next 12 months. What should I do? What should I aim for? After some thought, here goes... First, I deeply yearn to be more committed to Christ. May He stir my stubborn heart and breathe life into my limbs again that I may work to His pleasure. May the Lord send Christian brothers and sisters to help me along the way, for I am weak by myself. Second, I want to be more positive in my outlook on life, and I want to be less selfish and care more for the people around me. May the Holy Spirit lead me to find the well-spring of optimism and energy that will keep me going. Third, I hope to find my special someone, and to learn how to share and enjoy my time with her together. May I learn how to truly love and accept love. Fourth, I desire to set aside time for friends, both old and new, so that I may cherish their wonderful companionship. May my relationships with them bear much fruit. Fifth, I want to properly train for at least one full marathon or one ultramarathon in 2007. No more half-baked or last-minute training. May God work wonders in my workplace, that I may find the time to train. Sixth, I hope to be able to go overseas for at least 3 competitive races. The addiction of running overseas is immense, and the joy of succumbing to the addiction, immeasurable. May my leave applications be approved. Seventh, I want to read at least 12 novels by the time 2007 comes to an end. This will prevent my brain from stagnating over the piles of officework, and will help me retain my sanity and keep me creative. May I succeed in my resolutions. May the Lord help me.

9 Comments:

At 9:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you have a great 2007

peace
guynxtdoor

 
At 10:39 pm, Blogger Muggs said...

I'm sure all this will come true

 
At 11:21 pm, Blogger penguin said...

wow...u have a lot of new year resolution...have u seen mine?? haha :P

Anyway, have a great 2007!!
Hope u can achieve most, if not all, your resolutions!! ;D

 
At 8:38 am, Blogger Ronnie said...

All the best ! Hope that you can met all your resolutions soon! :)

 
At 11:53 am, Blogger roentgen said...

I'm sure God will bless you abundantly in the new year :) May you achieve all your resolutions, and more.

 
At 2:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renoh di di, keep on believing and see what God is doing in your life soon. When you think nothing is happening in your life, God is quietly but fatithfully working in you. This is what my 'spiritual' mum told me. Yes, easier said than done. I am still in the infant stage of my spiritual journey and I know exactly what you mean by being weak. I am facing the same problem too. Nevertheless, by declaring this as your first resolution for 2007 is already the work of the Holy Spirit in your life. May you achieve all that you set to do and much more. God bless you.

 
At 5:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear friend,

All the best to you striving towards the light of glory.

I have confidence in you attaining your goals for 2007.

May you emerge victorious against all odds ! =)

Warm Regards
Superboy

 
At 3:47 pm, Blogger mis_nomer said...

Whoohoo! Happy new year reno. :) What kind of novels do you like?

 
At 12:10 am, Blogger Renohtaram said...

thanks to guynxtdoor, bala, penguin, ronnie, roentgen, junie, superboy and mis_nomer for your well-wishes :)

mis_nomer - other than mushy and draggy romance, i like all kinds of novels. in particular, i have a soft spot for mystery and epic adventures. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production