Monday, January 01, 2007

The Tree of Life

Woke up at 11 am, and found that I could still move my legs. That's a good sign after a gruelling Ultramarathon yesterday. :)



Spent the rest of the day at home, and finished reading a novel that I had borrowed from the library on Saturday. It's entitled "The Tree of Life" and is the first volume of the series "The Mysteries of Osiris". The author is an Egyptologist named Christian Jacq. The book is an interesting read; it has a lot of colourful and descriptive inputs on Egyptian culture, beliefs and religious customs. But overall, I'm not particularly impressed by the storyline. And there were certain scenes in the story which were just too coincidental or unrealistic, even for a fictional tale! Nevertheless, I enjoyed the time to read anyway. I should go to the library more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production