Saturday, January 27, 2007

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF8B71B06, 0xF9D89564, 0xF9D89260)

I forgot to mention that my PC had unceremoniously died last night. Repeated attempts at resuscitation (rebooting, changing the system restore points, etc.) have been to no avail. My Compaq FP7317 monitor's vulgar blue screen of death is staring at me squarely in the face, its harsh parting words in plain white text too much for me to bear...Can there be any miracle? Will a phoenix rise from the ashes?

= = = = = = = = = =

Update as of 28 Jan, 0045 hrs
Many thanks to Balasing for his kind offer to provide me with much-needed IT assistance. I had never realised that I have been operating my Pentium IV PC on just a 256 MB memory card.

I've also been trying to get technical assistance using various online sources. From what I gather, it seems that my PC is probably suffering from a memory card and/or CPU fan failure. In any case, there's not much that I can do about it in the meantime.

Had a terrible headache after dinner this evening as well. Felt as if there was a rigid steel reinforcement bar running down my cranium and through my neck and spine, and any movement that caused my head to displace from its inertial position led to an uncomfortable swelling and throbbing sensation in my brain. Temporarily, there were also thick horizontal and vertical bands of black appearing across my field of vision. Being in too much discomfort to do anything else, I went to lie down in bed at around 7 pm. When I awoke at 11.30 pm, I felt much better but I couldn't fall asleep again easily.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 pm, Blogger Muggs said...

someone called? you need help?

 
At 12:29 am, Blogger Thundercat said...

Wah now no need to look for IT support, IT support look for u.

=D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production