Sunday, July 15, 2007

Conquering the hills

Went for the BG Run this morning with nyquist, charlotte, tiwazz, chip, BoSe, jamessoh, eliza and philip. Charlotte was leading most of the way, and showed me a new route that I've never tried before. So that was cool ;)

In the beginning, my pace was rather strong and I could easily open up my strides to really "swallow up" the metres of tarmac under my feet. By the time we reached the end of Tyersall Avenue (about 3 km), I was feeling slightly fatigued, but since we were heading into the Minden-Ridley-Tanglin-Nassim stretch (which was familiar home terrain), that helped me mentally to push on with the running. However, by the time we were running past the British Council (about 5.6 km), my legs were already turning into jello. But there's no stopping me now! :D And even though I had to slow down from that point on, I completed the journey! :) (Route map below)


Route of BR Run, 15 July 2007


And that was how we conquered the BG hills (8.2 km) in a timing of around 55 minutes :) Not bad for my first real BG Run in about half a year. :) Almost twisted my ankle at one point during the run, but luckily nyquist was there to support me before I could fall over.

Had a quick shower after the run, and then we trooped over in two brigades to Adam Road Food Centre for breakfast. I made the unwise decision of ordering a plate of wanton noodles from a rather rude hawker, and it tasted absolutely foul. :P It didn't help that the iced milo was less sweet than usual. Ah well, but the company was great and so that made up for everything :) Mid-way through our makan session, dreamergal showed up and joined us for casual chit-chat. We talked about overseas races...man, are they addictive or what! :D

After that, tiwazz, charlotte, dreamergal, philip and I popped by Cold Storage, bought a cake and some snacks, and hopped onto a bus bound for McRitchie Reservoir where we were suppose to spring Sotong's surprise birthday party :) Roonz was there as the decoy :) While we were there, we bumped into Dexter, Fabian and Shiyao, as well as a lot of young lean, mean human running machines. After the birthday gang sang and ate the cake and seedless grapes and bottomed-up our Aloe Vera-Lemon juice, we packed ourselves like sardines into Sotong's car and went over to Commonwealth for cheng-teng to quench the famous "runners' post-run thirst". :D

Sotong Birthday Celebrations at McRitchie Reservoir


Splendid day, today. Got back, had lunch, and slept the rest of the afternoon away :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production