Sunday, July 01, 2007

My first real run in 5 months...

Got up this morning for a run at MacRitchie Reservoir. Arrived there at 8 am, met Bose, and the two of us began with a steady pace around the reservoir. It's my first run in 5 months! :) But about 3 km into the run (~ 20 minutes), when we reached the ranger station, I became dreadfully out of breath, and my right thigh started to register this acute pain whenever my right foot landed. So I had to walk the remaining 7.5 km, and made Bose walk all the way with me. Thanks Bose for your patience!

Met Ronnie, Brokie, Vincent, Bug, Meteor and Alvo at the carpark/wash-up area after the run -- they had finished their 25 km progressive run by the time I returned from my 10 km run-walk (~ 2 hours!). :) We chatted briefly, and then they were off.

The rest of my afternoon was spent with my kid at Kovan Community Centre for Club Rainbow's Appreciation Tea. Having too many screaming kids running around like unmanned vehicles really wore me down. And I think I was feeling the drain of the morning's run and the overimbibing of sunshine. I was really fatigued beyond words by the end of the event. :) But my kid enjoyed himself, I think, even though he remained "scared" of loud noises (which couldn't be helped whenever the emcee spoke into the microphone). And I realised that my kid prefers to be pampered by "chey cheys" rather than by "kor kors". Ah well... ;)

3 Comments:

At 9:44 am, Blogger Tekko said...

Good comeback although I must say you choose an extremely tough route to do it.

Continue to work hard and you will definitely regain your old fitness level.

 
At 11:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi renoh

great to hear that :)
Jia you!!

Cheers
fennel

 
At 8:50 pm, Blogger roentgen said...

GREAT to see that you are gradually making a comeback :D Take it slow and easy, with baby steps at first and bite-sized runs... am sure that you will be back with full force before you realise it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production