Sunday, December 30, 2007

Nike "Tea Time" fartlek training

I had a rather eventful day today. I got up later than usual, did some newspaper reading and household chores, and then managed to grab some brunch (friend noodles with steamed fish) before heading down to the Gongguan (宮館) area for a brisk session of window-shopping. Gongguan is the area near the National Taiwan University (台灣國立大學), so the shops are generally catered to the younger folks with a smaller budget, just suitable for me :) I bought myself a hot cup of ginger tea, which was just perfect because the outside temperature was a cool 14 degrees Celcius.

After that, I went over to the sports track in the university for a Nike "Tea Time" fartlek training. The 20-minute session was led by Chen Tien-wen (陳天文), one of the elite hurdlers in Taiwan. It was short, but I found it rather intense and was left both breathless and far behind the other runners. I suppose that means I need to work on my stamina, my cadence and my footwork too. :)

When the training was over, I had dinner at a Japanese restaurant before heading over to Ximending (西門町) for even more window-shopping. Before I popped into the gym there, I also bought myself a Jay Chou CD, "On the Run!" (我很忙).

I rounded off the night with Will Smith's "I am Legend" movie. I wasn't very impressed by the film though. The CGI characters were not credible, the plot was structurally weak and character development, if there was any, was minimal. However, I was the only person in the entire theatre, so that felt like a VIP screening! Hehheh :D

2 Comments:

At 1:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only person in the theatre? gosh! i was bit spiffed by the movie!! one of scariest movie watched..

 
At 3:27 pm, Blogger Renohtaram said...

haha, it's not scary at all! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production