Saturday, October 18, 2008

Prefontaine

I watched two DVDs this afternoon at thelonelyrunner and Fd's house on the life of Steve Prefontaine (1951-1975). It was fascinating to see the story of this strong American runner with a cocky "bad boy" attitude that you either liked or hated. It is a pity that he died in a car crash just before the 1976 Olympics. He probably would have won a medal, after having learnt from his lesson in the 1972 Munich Games.

Earlier in the day, I led Thomas on an introductory run of MacRitchie Reservoir. We went clockwise from the carpark, covered about 2.5 km to the fitness corner, and then walked the remaining 8 km of the loop back to the start point. The walk was leisurely, but I think it was still rather dehydrating. I suffered from a bad and throbbing headache later in the day. Ouch. Tomorrow's the New Balance Real Run. I hope it won't be too painful. Nor too muddy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production