Great Days of Leave
I have had great and eventful days of leave last Thursday and today (not counting Camp Sunshine on Fri-Sun).
Last Thursday morning, I went for a swim at Mt Faber SAFRA. As it was during working hours on a weekday, there was hardly anyone else in the pool. I did 12 laps in total. I took ages, but that's not my main concern now. The goal is to finish the distance and build up confidence :) After swimming, I headed down to town to meet Jianyi for lunch at 12.45 pm at a Japanese restaurant called Moon River. It's near St Andrew's Cathedral. The servings were generous but the food was too tasty to be healthy. Still, the place had great ambience. After lunch, I proceeded for afternoon tea with Shiwei who was due to fly back to the US the next day. We had our drinks at The Coffee Bean at Republic Plaza. Shiwei had some nasty back problems, and was scheduled to meet a chiropracter at 4.30 pm at the OUB Building. When it was time for his medical appointment was due, we parted ways and I popped by California Fitness for a quick workout. When I was done with gym, I walked over to Funan Centre to join in the 10-km Running Labs Run. There were a few familiar faces there: DiverRunner, Dasher, Tekko, Ironmandreamer and SportsVenturer, but I didn't know the rest of the dozen or so runners. :P Ah well. But the run was good. Although I hadn't trained in a while, I managed to complete the route in under an hour, which is commendable. I hope to build up my endurance again in the coming weeks.
And then it was Camp Sunshine, and then it was Monday.
I woke up at a glorious 10.30 am, cleared some of my mail and after lunch, headed to Orchard to sort out some banking matters. That done, I bought myself a brand new pair of Speedo Active goggles from World of Sports (I had lost my old pair at Camp), and later treated myself to an hour-long "wash and trim" haircut at a saloon at Orchard Emerald - that was fab, except the part where the hair stylist asked if I was in my mid-thirties. :P I then went over to Bestway Building at 5.30 pm to call on my buddies from Habitat for Humanity Singapore. I had a great chat with Hosea, ate some of Hwee Kiang's nuts, and collected my Banda Aceh CDs (thanks to Lark for producing them!). Hosea also invited me to join in the event "Under No Roof". That sounds good :) For dinner, I met up with Leonard at 7 pm and we dined at a Sudanese restaurant along Clarke Quay and adjourned to a nearby TCC for coffee and dessert. It was my first time upstairs in that TCC branch, and the bean-bag setting was very comfortable. We chatted until the coffee joint closed for the night, and then we went home. On my way back, I received an SMS from SportsVenturer. He wanted to know more about volunteering for Camp Sunshine. :) That was good to hear. I'll tell him more about it when I go for the CBD Run later today (Tuesday).
Last Thursday morning, I went for a swim at Mt Faber SAFRA. As it was during working hours on a weekday, there was hardly anyone else in the pool. I did 12 laps in total. I took ages, but that's not my main concern now. The goal is to finish the distance and build up confidence :) After swimming, I headed down to town to meet Jianyi for lunch at 12.45 pm at a Japanese restaurant called Moon River. It's near St Andrew's Cathedral. The servings were generous but the food was too tasty to be healthy. Still, the place had great ambience. After lunch, I proceeded for afternoon tea with Shiwei who was due to fly back to the US the next day. We had our drinks at The Coffee Bean at Republic Plaza. Shiwei had some nasty back problems, and was scheduled to meet a chiropracter at 4.30 pm at the OUB Building. When it was time for his medical appointment was due, we parted ways and I popped by California Fitness for a quick workout. When I was done with gym, I walked over to Funan Centre to join in the 10-km Running Labs Run. There were a few familiar faces there: DiverRunner, Dasher, Tekko, Ironmandreamer and SportsVenturer, but I didn't know the rest of the dozen or so runners. :P Ah well. But the run was good. Although I hadn't trained in a while, I managed to complete the route in under an hour, which is commendable. I hope to build up my endurance again in the coming weeks.
And then it was Camp Sunshine, and then it was Monday.
I woke up at a glorious 10.30 am, cleared some of my mail and after lunch, headed to Orchard to sort out some banking matters. That done, I bought myself a brand new pair of Speedo Active goggles from World of Sports (I had lost my old pair at Camp), and later treated myself to an hour-long "wash and trim" haircut at a saloon at Orchard Emerald - that was fab, except the part where the hair stylist asked if I was in my mid-thirties. :P I then went over to Bestway Building at 5.30 pm to call on my buddies from Habitat for Humanity Singapore. I had a great chat with Hosea, ate some of Hwee Kiang's nuts, and collected my Banda Aceh CDs (thanks to Lark for producing them!). Hosea also invited me to join in the event "Under No Roof". That sounds good :) For dinner, I met up with Leonard at 7 pm and we dined at a Sudanese restaurant along Clarke Quay and adjourned to a nearby TCC for coffee and dessert. It was my first time upstairs in that TCC branch, and the bean-bag setting was very comfortable. We chatted until the coffee joint closed for the night, and then we went home. On my way back, I received an SMS from SportsVenturer. He wanted to know more about volunteering for Camp Sunshine. :) That was good to hear. I'll tell him more about it when I go for the CBD Run later today (Tuesday).








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home