Friday, July 14, 2006

My Short Trip to KL

Was in Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia, on 13-14 July. Took the morning SQ flight on Thursday, and reached the KL International Airport at around 9.30 am. Not long after, I checked myself into Capitol Hotel, which was near the Bukit Bintang district.

Went out to jalan-jalan quite a bit. Strolled around from one shopping mall to another - Lot 10, Sungei Wang, Bukit Bintang Plaza, Times Square. But nothing in particular caught my eye. At Times Square, I had lunch - a bowl of "supreme soup chicken noodle " - and watched the movie "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest". It was a hilarious piece of work; I enjoyed it very much. :)


Supreme Soup Chicken Noodle *slurp*

By sheer coincidence, Leonard had also flown into KL for work-related purposes on the same flight as I. And so we arranged to meet up at my hotel after I was done watching the movie and after he was done with his business meeting.

At around 6 pm, we set off together from my hotel and headed for Petaling Street, the Chinatown area in KL. The pasar-malam there was buzzing with activity, with all sorts of goods being sold - CDs, watches, clothes, roasted chestnuts, etc. Leonard and I, after much jostling with the crowd, managed to locate this "Old Town" eatery there, where we had our first dinner for the evening. I ordered a plate of curry chicken noodle and a bowl of herbal jelly.


Curry Chicken Noodle *drools*

When we were done with eating, we headed back to the Bukit Bintang area to explore it further. Hmmm...many reflexologists and masseuers appeared to be working late into the night. It gave the area a rather sleazy feel. Quite a number of pimps even approached us to ask whether we would prefer Chinese prostitutes or Malay ones! :P

Later on, Leonard and I went into another restaurant for our second dinner. I had a plate of Cantonese-style crispy noodles, which was delicious. :) After dinner, we popped into a nearby cafe for late-night drinks.


Cantonese-style crispy noodles *yummy*

But I was growing tired and my eyes began to tear. I guess that was probably due to all the fatigue resulting from my past two weeks of work, work and more work. So at around 11.30 pm, I bade farwell to Leonard and headed back to my hotel. I then showered, watched a few minutes of the comedy series "Two and a half Men" on TV, then fell asleep.

This morning, I woke up at 6.30 am. Had my breakfast - a cup of kopi-O and a plate of chee cheong fan - at Restoran Instant, a small eating place just around the bend from my hotel. Later on, I checked myself out of the hotel, and was chaffuered to the airport.

While I was in the holding room waiting to board the aircraft bound for home, I couldn't help but notice something really odd on the telly in the holding room. It was showing a documentary on space exploration. One of the video clips was of Neil Armstrong and his buddy planting the American flag into the moon's surface. What struck me as odd was that the flag was flapping away (so that the stars and stripes could be seen). But shouldn't there be no wind on the moon's surface, since there is neither air nor atmosphere on the moon? Why then was the flag flapping? Hmmm....wierd.

I got back to Singapore at around 11.20 am on Friday. Headed straight back to the office to work. :p And remained there until about 10.30 pm. *sigh*

Tomorrow, there's a DSTA telematch at Sentosa, and I'll be involved. Can't wait :) Got to sleep soon, and recharge my batteries...

2 Comments:

At 1:26 am, Blogger Muggs said...

ahh... food!! I likey!!

 
At 8:31 am, Blogger smazh said...

I remember the wanton noodle store at Ghim Moh market sold curry chicken noodles too, but only in the morning. And they would stop selling once the batch ran out, so it was always better to go before lunch time...

Wonder if they still sell it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production