Sunday, June 25, 2006

My first run in 10 days

Got up at 1030 hrs this morning. It was still raining. Just as well that I didn't wake up in time to go for my planned morning run at MacRitchie Reservoir. Stayed at home, cleared some personal emails, then cleared some office emails, and then my mind started to wonder where I could run later in the afternoon.

At 4 pm, I decided to go for a quick run. It has been 10 days since I last ran, and I really wanted to train for the Penang International Bridge Run. So I put on my Kayanos, strapped on my fuelbelt and hooked on my footpod, and off I went.

The first 5-km (the approximate distance from my home through Portsdown to Bouna Vista MRT station) was very "breath-taking" and took me about 30 mins. Each step I took felt like I was lifting lead-soled shoes. :P

Then I did 4 laps along the 2-km long Ulu Pandan canal. Including the extra sloped sections at either end of the canal, I did about 8.2 km in total. There weren't a lot of fast runners there today, just mid-speed joggers, some cyclists and many walkers. Darn, I was hoping for some speedsters to motivate me. I did see two familiar faces - I recognise them from the competitive races. I also saw Guoliang training along the canal. (Guoliang's a primary school classmate of mine, but although I recognise him, he doesn't seem to recognise me.)

I didn't run the laps along the canal as fast as I thought I could. The first 4 km took me about 24 mins, and the second 4 km about 26 minutes. Then I headed home by doing a leisurely jog-walk through Tanglin Halt.

Total distance covered: 16.4 km
Total time taken: 1 hr 45 min

1 Comments:

At 1:01 pm, Blogger Renohtaram said...

heya babymon,

i'm sure there are runs all days of the week :) but i myself havent been able to keep track either! :P

cya soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production