Saturday, June 10, 2006

Visiting Commando

Went for a morning swim at Mt Faber SAFRA. I tried swimming with my new pair of goggles (lost the old pair at Camp Sunshine...*sigh* it was the pair that Chee Kong gave to me to motivate me to learn swimming...that pair of goggles had sentimental value to me...). After a few rounds of adjusting the straps, I managed to get the goggles to fit, and after about 5-10 minutes of getting used to being in the water, I began to swim my laps. Did about 8 laps and was beat. Somehow, I still find it rather difficult to swim, and I always end up breathless and always get overtaken :P But I will press on and practise some more. One day, I will join and complete a biathlon or a triathlon. :)

After my swim, I went over to SGH to visit Commando who was hospitalised yesterday for surgery to amputate two of his fingers. (Commando had been involved in a bike accident in April, and nearly lost his fingers but the doctors managed to stitch his fingers back. But recently, it was discovered that the stitched portions had become infected, and amputation was the only option left...what terrible news...)

Commando had many visitors today. From SgRunners, besides me, there was also Balasing, Tiwazz, SportsVenturer, Fd and TLR. Commando was also visited by his family and his colleagues. :) It was good to see him still smiling despite the ordeal he had to go through.

Here's wishing him a swift and complete recovery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production