BG Run in June
Had a funny dream... I was in a dance hall with some friends from college, but the entire party lacked a spark. The music was just too un-cool and way un-funky. So I took over from the deejay, played my favourite pieces, and the whole place came alive with motion. And all of us took to the floor, grooving to the beat. Then suddenly, there came a loud, familiar melody over the PA system... And so, I was awakened by an SMS from Balasing. :) He SMS-ed to say that he wouldn't be going down to the Botanic Gardens Run later today.
While it was a pity that the dream got interrupted, it was also a timely SMS because I would have overslept otherwise. :P So I got out of bed at 6.05 am, had a light breakfast, grabbed my running gear and went out of the house and stepped into the drizzling rain. I managed to catch a bus down to SMU.
There was a splendid turnout today, in spite of the weather. Some of the SgRunners who had initially wanted to go for a 25-km run at MacRitchie Reservoir decided to join us for the 10-km Botanic Gardens Run instead. There was Tiwazz, Ironmandreamer and girlfriend, Teelee, Andy, Ronnie, Ripley, Bee, Sotong, Roentgen , SportsVenturer, Nemo, cfred34, Kickjazz, Tekko, Cheow12, Hedgehog, Ruth, Karen, Bambi, and more people that I can't remember (we even met RealRunner in the middle of our run in the Botanic Gardens as well!).
Even as it drizzled, we ran from SMU to the entrance of the Botanic Garden, took the Red Brick Road, whizzed through the Evolution Garden, passed through the Visitors Centre, skirted by Symphony Lake and the Ginger Garden before going past Swan Lake and out of the Botanic Garden at its Holland Road exit. From there, we ran up Minden Road, Loewen Road, past the Great House of Cars with the Flying Eagle Statue, and then turned left until we reached Tanglin Mall. From there, we proceeded until the Da Vinci Furniture Shop, and then chugged steadily upwards along Nassim Road until we got back to SMU. By this time, the rain had ceased, and the day was warming up nicely.
But Ronnie, Bee and Ripley went further, as they wanted to cover 24 km. As for the rest of us, we washed up, and headed for the nearby Prata Cafe for breakfast. I had some nasi lemak and a cup of teh halia there :)
It was a good run - about 10.3 km, and we took a relaxed 1 hr 15 min to complete it.
While it was a pity that the dream got interrupted, it was also a timely SMS because I would have overslept otherwise. :P So I got out of bed at 6.05 am, had a light breakfast, grabbed my running gear and went out of the house and stepped into the drizzling rain. I managed to catch a bus down to SMU.
There was a splendid turnout today, in spite of the weather. Some of the SgRunners who had initially wanted to go for a 25-km run at MacRitchie Reservoir decided to join us for the 10-km Botanic Gardens Run instead. There was Tiwazz, Ironmandreamer and girlfriend, Teelee, Andy, Ronnie, Ripley, Bee, Sotong, Roentgen , SportsVenturer, Nemo, cfred34, Kickjazz, Tekko, Cheow12, Hedgehog, Ruth, Karen, Bambi, and more people that I can't remember (we even met RealRunner in the middle of our run in the Botanic Gardens as well!).
Even as it drizzled, we ran from SMU to the entrance of the Botanic Garden, took the Red Brick Road, whizzed through the Evolution Garden, passed through the Visitors Centre, skirted by Symphony Lake and the Ginger Garden before going past Swan Lake and out of the Botanic Garden at its Holland Road exit. From there, we ran up Minden Road, Loewen Road, past the Great House of Cars with the Flying Eagle Statue, and then turned left until we reached Tanglin Mall. From there, we proceeded until the Da Vinci Furniture Shop, and then chugged steadily upwards along Nassim Road until we got back to SMU. By this time, the rain had ceased, and the day was warming up nicely.
But Ronnie, Bee and Ripley went further, as they wanted to cover 24 km. As for the rest of us, we washed up, and headed for the nearby Prata Cafe for breakfast. I had some nasi lemak and a cup of teh halia there :)
It was a good run - about 10.3 km, and we took a relaxed 1 hr 15 min to complete it.








1 Comments:
karens nick is golden retriever in SGrunner forum :) fyi
Post a Comment
<< Home