A great weekend

Just got home from a BBQ at East Coast Park. It was a celebration of the SgRunners' first Anniversary! :) Can't believe it's been a year since the group of bloggers/runners came together. I have made many great friends in the group, and they've been a great source of fun and inspiration! Looking forward to many more good years with the gang! Also saw some folks whom I have not met in ages, like Kay, Run3, Cyberkinetic, Cosmic_Wind and Superboy82. I also got to know some new running enthusiasts such as Evelyn, AngelicaWonders and Shobido.

Our delicious 1st Anniversary cake!

Running friends from all over the island unite!
Yesterday, I was supposed to be on leave, but ended up returning to work. *sigh, it's a terrible worklife* My appointment with VRP for the health/fitness test at 11 am had to be cancelled as a result, and I turned up at the DSTA Dinner & Dance really late...around 10 pm. They were already serving the dessert by the time I got there. :P But thankfully, the DSTA runners kept some food for me. I ate a bit, celebrated Valerie's birthday, and caught up with my old friends such as Chris Ang, Chee Keong, Ming Jern, Zac, Audrey, Jave, Wilson, Yingrui, Li Lian, Cheryl, Khen, Nanyan, Mingfa, Eugenia and Ying Tat. I also managed to get a good chat with my former Programme Group Manager. :) After the D&D, I went to Ubercafe with some of my buds, where we watched the Spain-Saudi Arabia soccer match. Way to go, Espanol! Victory for the Spaniards!
It was a good way to end the week. The earlier parts of the week were simply horrid. The office was under-staffed - many people were on leave or went on course, and recently two colleagues also tendered their resignations - and my assignments were constantly evolving in their objectives/contents day to day. I felt burnt out, fatigued and really frustrated with the lack or uncertainty of the information and instructions given to me.
But I am glad it's over...at least for now. The week ahead will not be good, I foresee. I've some deadlines coming up, and I know with a fair degree of certainty that the pressure will just mount again.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home