Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sleepless in Singapore

Horrific week. All five nights, been working past 1.30 am. Yesterday, got home from the office at around 3 am. Got awoken this morning at 11 am by a call from someone to ask about some work-related stuff. *sigh* And the first thing the lady said on the phone when she heard my croaky morning voice was "What? You're still sleeping?", as if to suggest that I wasn't entitled to waking up late on a Saturday after a crazy 80-hr+++ work-week from Mon to Fri.

Totally lost track of what's happening in the rest of the world. The North Koreans could have fired the Taepodong across the Pacific, and I wouldn't even know.

No time to run, no time for exercise, no time to rest and catch up on much needed sleep. No time for friends. I look like a wreck.

Been irritable at work, and snappy with my colleagues. :( Really snappy. Really, really snappy. Apologies, mates, I know you guys have no ill-intentions, but I'm in that sort of mood where I don't take humour nicely, especially if it's about the amount of work I've been piled with, or how I look like a walking zombie. I really hated that joke about how I might fall sleep at lunch and bury my face in the plate of pineapple rice at the table. Not funny, ok. Not funny. Any other day, I'd laugh along with you guys. But not this week. ¿Lo comprenden, mis amigos? Gracias. *deep sigh*

Been rather sloppy with the transportation arrangements for my kids to the Appreciation Tea on 2 July, and have not been able to make my own my transportation/accommodation bookings for my trip to Penang come end-July. Thanks Victor, Mingfa, Andrew, Chze Keong for helping to coordinate for the Appreciation Tea, and thanks to Shutehelup, Ronnie, SportVenturer and Ironmandreamer for making the Penang International Bridge Run bookings on my behalf.

But most of all, I want to thank my Mum and my Dad who took the trouble of delivering home-cooked dinners to me at the office this past week. You're the greatest! :)

The pictures from last week's DSTA's Dinner and Dance are out. Thanks Cheryl. I so miss life back there, where a balanced work-family life is a top priority, and where I had a cool gang to hang out with and go for runs together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production