Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sentosa Telematch

Almost did not wake up in time for the Sentosa outing today. But managed to get down to Seah Im Hawker Centre by 8.40 am, and caught a ride in Mingjern's car into the resort island. Lots of familiar faces there: Chee Keong, Chee Kong, Hedgehog, Wilson, Audrey, Richard, Ah Khen, Nan Yan, Zoey, Nigel, Mingfa, Ying Tat, Yiju, Poh Choo, Weisin, Johnson, Chee Yong, Ronnie, Cheryl, and more. There were also quite a number of totally new DSTA people whom I have never met before...too many to name!


Our favourite beach hangout place: Siloso Beach, Sentosa

The telematch at Siloso beach was conducted by an external agency. We were split into five teams, made to play a few games on the beach, got wet and had our minds tickled by quizzes on healthy living and healthy foods. But the real fun came after the external facilitators finished their business and left us alone to play with our frisbees and volleyballs :) Nice, I had a good time under the sun, in the company of my excellent friends. My frisbee skills have deteriorated somewhat, and I would be grateful for more beach volleyball lessons :P But let's see how the tan would turn out :)

Renewed my Sentosa Islander card on the way out. Had lunch with the gang at Harbourfront...I had sliced fish noodles and a huge bowl of sinful ice kachang =) Some of the former colleagues then invited me along to their dinner outing; another group asked if I would like to join in their BBQ the same night. Tempting offers, but I turned them all down. I haven't had much time with my own family of late, so I would rather stay home for dinner tonight. Later, Ah Khen drove me home (thanks!).

I had great fun today, overall. Can't wait for the session of games at the beach. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production