Sunday, January 28, 2007

When the Shoulder Pops Out of the Socket

I dislocated my right shoulder at around 4 pm today and am now typing this post very very slowly with my left hand. My right arm/shoulder still hurts, but I can laugh it off most of the time. And I was given painkillers. :) My 1-week MC starts Monday. Physio should start within the week. No running, swimming or gym for the next 2 months. Ouch.

Thanks Ripley, Grace and Pong for being at SGH with me this evening.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 11:18 pm, Blogger Ronnie said...

Take care & rest well ! Hope to see u back in action soon !

 
At 12:27 am, Blogger Run'er said...

*ouch*..sounds painful

take care!! it's time for some ice-cream therapy!! heheh sorry can't resist :)

 
At 12:30 am, Blogger Muggs said...

i just spoke to you last night!! oh my... take good care!

 
At 6:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good rest then, the wound will heal and you be back in action in no time. See you.

 
At 8:32 am, Blogger Tan BoSe said...

What happen? Accident at the gym? Take care yeah.

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger smazh said...

Ouch, dislocation is painful. Take care and have a good rest!

And don't overwork yourself trying to get back into action.

 
At 4:34 pm, Blogger Renohtaram said...

hi ronnie, roonz, bala, bose, eugene and sam,

thanks for your msgs. :D i will get better by the grace of God, but i think my right shoulder will never quite be the same again... =(

the sound of the dislocation - like paper being ripped slowly - continues to haunt me terribly...but i'll just have to live with it :)

 
At 8:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pop my left shoulder and wrist in a bicycle accident when I was 17. Took a while to heal but I was up and riding in about 2 weeks.
You will heal in time but it is true that it will feel different at the beginning but you will learn to adapt to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production